Civilization is near collapse. The world economy is in chaos. The middle class no longer exists. Deadly viruses have ravaged the earth's population. Terrorism runs rampant. It's five minutes before the apocalypse.
From this maelstrom of violence and suffering, an ancient conspiracy bent on world domination emerges from the shadows of legend. The conspirators' greatest strength? No one believes they exist. No one but you. Travel the globe as you develop your skills and build a network of allies. Employ stealth, strategy, or action where appropriate. But remember, trust no one. Even your allies may be more than they seem (see screen shots).
Note: This demo features one full mission and the training mission taken from the retail version of game. This demo version of Deus Ex will not work in Germany. Eidos will be releasing a German version very soon.
The full game features the following:
- A richly simulated world of interactivity, engineered to react logically to your every action
- A globe-hopping, epic adventure that allows you to travel the world exploring locations recreated from detailed maps, blueprints, and photographs
- Character interaction that affects the outcome of the game
- The ability to create a compelling alter ego: the charismatic master manipulator, the shrewd and stealthy tactician, or the deadly avenging angel
- The ability to select and develop a unique set of skills and nanotech augmentations
- The ability to determine which weapons and objects you need to survive and solve problems.